This is a sketch of a Buenos Aires neighbourhood by local artist Norberto Dorantes (his blog will blow you away too). It’s from a spectacular blog called “Urban Sketchers.”
Urban Sketchers is a nonprofit organization dedicated to raising the artistic, storytelling and educational value of location drawing, promoting its practice and connecting people around the world who draw on location where they live and travel. We aim to show the world, one drawing at a time.
This is the manifesto we follow:
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
The sketches on this blog are stunning and I dearly hope these drawings will all be assembled into a fabulous book one day. They have a Flickr Group too: http://www.flickr.com/groups/urbansketches/
(via Urban Sketchers: A privileged view)